Raw cakes have been around for a while now. Their popularity spawned from their delicious taste and their dramatic healthy twist on traditional cakes. I have been making them for years, they are simple to make and the whole family can enjoy them. Today’s recipe is a recipe that I created because I absolutely love the flavour of green tea in desserts. I have a huge love affair with green tea ice cream, however, this is not a healthy option. So I have developed a raw organic matcha green tea cheesecake that is a much better option!
Raw Matcha Green Tea Cheesecake
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 8 Pitted Fresh Dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Cashews Soaked in Water for 4-6 hours
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 8 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Level Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Place the cashews in a bowl, cover with water, and for at least 4-6 hours, you can soak them overnight.
- Start by preparing the crust. Add pecans, walnuts, almonds, cinnamon, and salt into a high-powered blender or a food processor and grind until fine crumble.
- Add the dates and process until you get a sticky dough.
- Line the bottom of a springform cake tin with baking paper and press the crust dough to the bottom of the cake tin.
- Place it in the freezer to set while making the filling.
I used all organic ingredients in my cheesecake to ensure it was as healthy as possible.