Recently I was reminiscing about the good old days. I was thinking about the simplicity of kids parties in the 1980s. The parties I attended were always held at home, there were no party venues, trampoline centres, and you can forget about taking all your friends to the movies. Parties were simple, but they were always so much fun. We could spend hours playing hide and seek, and we loved party games like pass the parcel, this may make me sound one hundred years old, but I don’t mind, it was a different time, and it’s nice to reminisce. I miss the simplicity of parties; however, I don’t miss the party food. It was a menagerie of colours, chemicals and preservatives like no other. There was more food colouring, sugar and toxins than I dare to think about. The way kids parties are catered today is significantly better. You can always find healthier options mixed with some treats; it’s more of a balance. But it got me thinking; my kids have never eaten a chocolate crackle, they are one of those party treats that you don’t see served at parties. It has a bad reputation and for a good reason. So, I decided I would give the good old chocolate crackle a makeover. This recipe is a twist on the classic; it’s straightforward to make and tastes delicious. My whole family loves them, and I can never make enough, I know you will adore them as well.
Organic Chocolate Crackles
- 2 Cups Organic Chocolate Koala Crisps
- 1 Cup Shredded Organic Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Melted Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Organic Honey
- 1/2 Cup Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
- Place the Chocolate Koala Crisps and coconut into a large mixing bowl.
- Place the coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter into a small saucepan. Place over low heat. Stir the mixture until all the ingredients have melted and combined.
- Pour the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of mixture into each cupcake paper.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow the mixture to set.